About the Maadi Messenger
The Maadi Messenger is a free, community magazine that aims to connect readers to events, services, and people in Cairo and broader Egypt. To that end, the editor of the Maadi Messenger solicits articles written by local members of the community who can offer readers relevant information on navigating life in Egypt as well as provide insight into interesting activities and projects taking place around Cairo and other cities in Egypt.
It is our hope that the Maadi Messenger will strengthen the network of community connections in Maadi. We want to bring to light local businesses and encourage readers to connect with their community peers.
The Maadi Messenger website serves as a supplement to the printed magazine. Be sure to check out or upcoming events and advertisements page to learn of interesting activities taking place in Cairo and exciting venues and businesses that we encourage readers to visit!
As a community magazine, we revolve around the needs and interests of our readers. We always welcome feedback and comments. Please feel free to contact us directly with your suggestions, comments, and concerns.
How to Advertise with the Maadi Messenger
Guidelines and Rules
1. Please read the following carefully:
- Please submit your finished advertisements on a CD with a printout on paper, or transfer file via website such as wetransfer.com or dropbox.com.
- Take good notice of the required sizes of your ad – we cannot change size or content of finished advertisements that are delivered to us for placement.
- You will pay for the standard size that best fits the format in which your finished advertisement is delivered to us. (If you deliver an ad that is smaller than half a page but too big to fit on a quarter page, you will pay half a page. We will place the ad in the size as delivered without alterations.)
- We can not accept advertisements that exceed the size as is required for your choice of advertisement unless you are willing to pay for a larger size.
- We will notify you of any technical problems with your advertisement.
- We are not responsible for the content of advertisements that we receive as a finished file. Any mistakes in content are your own responsibility.
- We will determine the placement of your advertisements in the magazine unless otherwise agreed.
- Advertisements submitted as a rough copy or hand written copy or as a MS Word document will be charged an extra fee for ad creation.
- We will charge a small fee for the English editing of your advertisement. (< 15 words:15 LE, 16-50 words: 25 LE.)
- We will charge a small fee for corrections on formerly published advertisements. (15 LE for small textual changes, 25 LE for small design changes.)
- Advertisements need to be submitted in the following file formats: TIFF, JPEG, EPS, PDF in hi-res resolution (250-300 DPI). Do not compress your files.
- We reserve the right to refuse any advertisement submitted to us which does not fit our publication guidelines.
- Artwork for Full page must be A4 size PLUS a 4mm bleed on each edge. All text should be contained in a 1cm safe-zone inside the A4. Document size 218x305mm, CMYK, with 1cm safe-zone for text. If not to these specifications your ad will be printed with a white border.
*Contact us for a template PSD file for use in designing full page advertisements.
- In order to place your advertisement for the next issue we need your advertisement, ready for printing, no later than the 10th of the month. Advertisement designs or changes in an existing advertisement need to be requested before the 10th of the month.
- Advertisements delivered after this date will not be placed in the issue for the next month.
- With your agreement the advertisement can be placed in the issue of the following month (following on the next to come month. For example: if delivered on 20 September, it will be placed in the November issue not in the October issue.)
3. Additional policies: advertisement design
- Customers always pay (in advance) when we design an advertisement, also when this is not placed in the Maadi Messenger.
- We can only finish a design for the next month’s issue when the content and material is delivered before the 5th of the month.
- Maadi Messenger accepts no responsibility for the content of advertisements, when changes are made we will provide a new version for approval to the client. The client is responsible for checking the content of his/her advertisement.
- We cannot guarantee a 100% color matching with originals or standard color standards. We do not accept responsibility for a 100% color match. (Of course we try to reach the best possible matching but our limited means of production do not permit 100% color proof printing.)
- Pictures and/or images or logos are not included in advertisement design. Client has to provide these or we will have to charge an additional fee for searching and copyright of images or pictures.
- We are not responsible for copyright of any material that is delivered by clients for an advertisement. Only when we provide these ourselves. We will charge an additional fee for copyrights.
- When the design of your advertisement exceeds the time limit for your size, we will charge an additional fee of 100 LE per hour.
- If an advertisement is created by Maadi Messenger it is the property of Maadi Messenger and uniquely for publication in Maadi Messenger. A release of the file rights is included in the 800LE charge for design. We charge an additional 800 EGP for the original file of an ad that is created or changed/edited by us.
Contact Ad Coordinator:
Phone: 01200012904 / 01206202999
As you reflect on the past year, the success of your 2017 resolutions, and consider your resolutions for 2018, how many of you realize you didn’t lose the weight you hoped?
Competitiveness is in the air among dragon boat teams in Egypt. At the most recent dragon boat festival in Cairo in October, participating
Most Cairo dwellers have at least heard talk of the famous Royal Mohamed-Aly Club, a relaxing oasis that is often home to various festivities.
With Egypt’s tourism at a low in recent years, even as nicer weather starts to creep through Cairo’s streets these past two weeks, it is up to Cairo residents and companies to gather and develop creative plans to draw tourists to the city whose streets feel like home to all.